Working at Cantella
Who We Are
Cantella is an independently-owned, Boston-based broker-dealer and RIA that has been an innovator in the financial services industry since 1952. We provide solutions to financial advisors, broker-dealers and RIAs. Founded by Vincent Cantella, whose family established the Prince Pasta Company in Boston’s North End, we have a long history and a unique story to tell.
We think of ourselves as a 65-year-old start-up. We take pride in having an incredibly intelligent, driven and fun home office team, and we are always looking to add another star. We believe that when surrounded by talent and energy, the sky is the limit.
Our Culture and Values
- Happy, Balanced and Engaged Employees: Our employees work hard and have fun doing it as part of a team. A few highlights include Red Sox games, Free Lunch Fridays and the beer taps in our kitchen. We also find that with good work/life balance, employees are more creative and focused, taking pride and ownership in their work. Enjoying what you do, without having to choose between your personal life and career, is imperative. We also encourage and support our employees’ professional development and will pay for relevant licenses, designations, and attendance at industry events.
- Advisor-Centric: Our success is directly tied to the success of our financial advisors, RIA, broker-dealer and technology clients. We believe in what they do for their clients and put our energies into helping them, our clients, realize and succeed in achieving their unique visions.
- Adaptability & Innovation: We always look forward so that we stay on top of industry changes and remain relevant for another 65 years. We strongly believe in working smart, not just hard, thereby operating with maximum efficiency. We help our clients do the same.
- Commitment to the Community: We believe in the importance of helping those in need by aiding with both our hearts and our wallets. While we have a very strong technology focus, people and relationships also matter to us a great deal.
- Excellence: The hard-working, talented, and motivated spirits of our employees enable us to over-deliver to the clients we serve – going that extra mile is in our DNA. In our world, customer service is paramount and mediocrity is not acceptable.
Who We Want
To ensure that our next generation of leaders upholds our culture of innovation and client focus, we are demanding of our employees and seek people who are demanding of themselves. We are looking for self-starters who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, who want to be part of a winning team, and who are energetic, articulate, bright, proactive, and motivated.
We are hiring across the firm – in our operations, compliance, business development and finance/accounting departments. We seek both entry-level candidates, as well as those with industry experience. The required qualifications vary depending on the role; however, the majority of positions require the Series 7. Further, for entry-level applicants, we generally look for GPAs of 3.4 or higher. Experience working at an independent broker-dealer, as well as experience with our clearing firms - Pershing, Fidelity IWS, National Financial, and Raymond James - are a big plus.
Cantella offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you are interested in a career that gives back as much as you put into it, we would enjoy meeting you. Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.BACK TO ABOUT